I have made it Peru safely, and have enjoyed and eventful week. There is a group of college students from Millersville University that Janell and I have been able to travel with. Monday, the day after I arrived, we left with the group to go to a village for a few days about two hours away from Cusco. The first night we were able to put on a program for the villagers. It consisted of singing songs, doing some skits, sharing some testimonies, and showing the Jesus Video. We were also able to got into the school and share the gospel of Jesus with the children. The next day we were able to walk around the village praying for different people who accepted our invitation.
The village was tucked away in the Andes Mountains, and on one of the tallest hills there was a cross. We were able to hike up to it. The view from the top was amazing. We had a complete 360 degree view.
The days were very warm (70's), and the nights were very cold (30's). We were about 12,000 feet above sea level (For a quick reference, I think Virginia is about 350 feet above seal level).
We returned yesterday, and enjoyed the evening shopping at a local market, and eating at an exquisite Peruvian restaurant that put on a show with music and dancing.
Tomorrow Janell and I leave for Machu Picchu for two days. I am very excited, and very scared. We Will be taking a trains and buses to get there, and neither of our Spanish is very good. So, keep us in your prays that we stay on the right track and stay safe.
Thanks for all your emails! I miss you all so much!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment