Another week has come and gone, and I finally feel like I´m settling into a routine. I even feel like I´ve conquered the public transportation system from the other missionary houses to my host family´s house. The other night I caught a bus from Cusco to my house, and I can almost promise you that there were 40 people on a bus that sits 20. I wasn´t even one of the lucky ones who got a seat.
I moved into my host family´s house on Monday, and have enjoyed living like the Peruvians. Their house is simple, but adequate. My host father is a carpenter, and does all his work there ön the property. They have a room for the kitchen, and dining . Their rooms are in separate buildings out back. I have an apartment/room to myself up above the kitchen. I have been able to communicate with my host family in simple, and very broken Spanish. There are definitely many laughs (mostly at my expense), but we have a good time.
The past several days I have been working at PROSIM, the clinic, doing random jobs to help out. I will be taking the next two weeks to do language study, and then resume work back at the clinic.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment