I arrived at the Harrisburg Discipleship Center (HDC) last night about 8:00, and today was the start of orientation. I've had several mission seminars today, and also an impromptu Spanish tea party. The girls that hosted the tea spoke only Spanish to us, expecting Janelle and I to pick up and follow along. Mind you, I haven't had Spanish since I was in 10th grade... 7 years ago! It was fun, but definitely a little awkward.
Janelle and I will leave Friday afternoon to fly to Peru. Janelle will only be there 2 weeks. She will be working in the clinic, and I will be doing language study. It's comforting to know I'll at least have someone to talk to during the first two weeks of "culture shock". My goal will be to try to update the blog weekly... but I will make no promises. Hopefully I'll even be able to throw in a few pictures here and there.
Blessings until Peru...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Thanks for updating it! I'm glad to hear you'll have someone with you. I hope the transition goes smoothly. I'm looking forward to hearing more! I'll check daily:)
I am looking forward in hearing more about your trip. I'm thinking about you!!
Post a Comment