Wednesday, June 25, 2008

23

I am now officially 23 (as of Saturday the 21st). Thanks to everyone who wished me a Happy Birthday. I had a wonderful day.... Actually, a wonderful week. I think I had cake about 4 our of the 5 days! Starting with a chocolate strawberry shortcake, a white chocolate raspberry cheesecake, a apple-caramel-cookie dessert, and a Peruvian brownie (though it was more like a chocolate cake). Lets just say I was very taken care of. Saturday morning I went with 2 of my friends, Juana and Cathy, to Tipón. We hiked around the Inkan ruins for a few hours. The weather was beautiful, and the sights were amazing. For lunch my host family cooked me a wonderful meal. Rocoto con pollo y papas...(stuffed peppers with chicken and potatoes).

We have our group meeting tonight so I have to go. Thanks again for all the Birthday wishes!

No comments: